We love it when a supply partner comes to town and we get out and about visiting customers and friends in the Australian brewing industry. We also love it when we get to sit down with good friends @InebriationNation Good Beer Radio and talk about important things like Hops and Beer and Craft Beer Styles and Craft Beer in Australia and the US and growing your own hops at home.
So it was with great pleasure that we shared a good local craft beer or two with Brian Crosby @CrosbyHopFarm and Josh “Pies” Button and Kevin “DK” McDonald at Inebriation-Nation to record a podcast that well, talked about hops and beer and a few things more…we hop you like it – cheers to Hops and Beer!
We cover a lot of ground in this podcast pardon the pun, but we beerly scratch the surface of hops (there we go again – forgive us please) and their role in beer and brewing and the challenges growers and marketers of hops like Crosby Hop Farm face in the increasingly fast-changing world of craft beer.
Some of the many topics we chat about over a local fresh Sydney craft beer or two include:
- Beer Styles – Does Australia have its own unique craft beer style or styles? Do Aussie craft beer styles differ State by State?
- The state of the Sydney craft beer scene right now in mid-2016 – it’s very exciting, dynamic and changing fast!
- The state of the craft beer scene in the US today through a hop grower and suppliers eyes.
- Crosby Hops and what they do with their own hops in terms of growing and processing their hops to be more gentle on the hop and better fit the unique needs of the craftbrewer and homebrewer.
- Growing Hops at Home – Pies goes deep into the rhizome, bine and picking and brewing with homegrown hops.
- and let us not forget – DK4Senate and his campaign to form the Inebriation-Nation Political Party and take his fight to the Australian State and Federal Government to give a ‘fair go’ to small Aussie craft brewers – sign on and give your support to the cause with a local fresh craft beer in hand 🙂 DK4Senate