Loral™ formerly known as HBC 291, provides a more traditional yet unique hop character, providing the floral and herbal notes one would expect from a fine noble aroma hop.
Loral ™ mother is the U.S. developed aroma variety Glacier; the grandmother being the long established European noble aroma variety known as Tardif de Bourgogne originating in the Bourgogne region of Eastern France.
The father is a son of the U.S. developed Nugget variety.
Loral™ is characterized by having numerous small, dense cones with moderate alpha acids. The variety was commercialized in 2016.
- Type 90 Hop Pellets 100g | 250g | 500g | 1Kg
- Very pleasant, floral, peppery, lemon-citrus and dark fruit.
- A touch of sweet fruity aroma rounds out this well-balanced hop.
- In beer, the floral notes are accentuated yet complemented nicely by fruity and citrus with just a hint of herbal.
- Pedigree: U.S. Glacier & U.S. Nugget
- Aroma: Floral, herbal, citrus
- Alpha Acids* 10.0 – 12.0%
- Beta Acids 4.5 – 5.5%
- Cohumulone 21 – 23% of alpha acids
- Total Oil 1.5 – 2.5ml/100g
- Myrcene 37 – 39% of total oil
- Humulene 23 – 25% of total oil
- Caryophyllene 6 – 8% of total oil
- Geraniol 0.7 – 1.3% of total oil
- Linalool 1.0 – 1.4% of total oil
- Storage Stability: Fair
*Alpha acids are determined by conductometric titration (EBC 7.4) in Europe; by spectrophotometric (ASBC Hops-6) in USA
ACID/OIL RANGE LOW HIGH
ALPHA ACID 11.3-12.2% 0 20 (medium/high)
BETA ACID 4.9-5.3% 0 15 (low/medium)
- Pale Ales