- Type 90 Pellets 100gm
Crosby Hops dry their hops at low temperatures in a five kiln natural gas-powered hop dryer. All hops are dried to target moisture of ~9%, which allows for consistent hop drying season long. The drying process is critical for optimum retention of essential hop oils and aromas, as over drying or over heating the hops can adversely affect the natural hop character. Crosby Hops approach the drying process the same way they do their T-90 pellet production: as a highly honed craft where science and art are perfected to create the ultimate hop product.
Crosby Hops extremely low operating temperatures and processing methods create the highest quality hop pellets that retain their whole hop complexity, boldness and character.
Typical Beer Style Uses:
- India Pale Ales, India Red Ales and Imperial IPAs
- Barley Wine
- High Alpha Hop
Mild and pleasant with spicy, herbal tones.
Very good to excellent.
Brewing Values Certificate
Brewing Values Specification
- Alpha-Acids: 12.0 – 14.5 %
- Cohumulone: 22 – 26 % of alpha acids
- Beta-acids: 4.2 – 5.8 %
- Total Oil: 1.8 – 2.2 ml/100g
- Myrcene: 48 – 55 % of total oil
- Humulene: 16 – 19 % of total oil
- Caryophyllene: 7 – 9 % of total oil
- Farnesene: < 1.0 % of total oil
General Trade Perception
Gaining acceptance as a dual purpose variety with traces of mild spicy herbal tones from dry hopping and bittering.