Gladfield Crystal Rye Malt is made from wetting the rye and carefully kilning which produces a remarkably delicious and complex crystal malt with a slightly spicy caramel finish caramel and a nutty aroma.
Gladfield Crystal Rye Malt is superb in a range of beers including Pales and IPAs and brings a new level of complexity to Golden Rye beer styles and is fantastic in a Rye Lager where a little spiciness changes things up rather nicely.
Use up to 25% but as with all Ryes consider adding a few Rice Hulls as the ratio increases to assist lautering efficiency.
Please use the malt as fresh as possible and see our suggested recipe below for a for a delicious Golden Rye.
- Certificate of Analysis: Crystal Rye 001
- Colour: 78 EBC
- How does it taste? Nutty caramel aroma, sweet slightly spicy finish.
Typical Uses & Styles:
- Golden Ales
- Pale Ale
Usage Rate Guidance:
- Use 1-5% to enhance aroma and flavour characters without imparting bitterness or astringency.
- Please use the malt as fresh as possible and see our suggested recipes below for a simple yet surprisingly complex NZ Dunkel.
- 1Kg Bags
- 25Kg bags
At least one year when stored properly in dry conditions
Gladfield Golden Rye – 25 Litres
- Original Gravity 1.045
- Estimated ABV 4.6%
- Target IBU 29.5
- Mash at 65°C
- 4.16kg Gladfield American Ale Malt (84%)
- 0.40kg Gladfield Rye Malt (12%)
- 0.40kg Gladfield Crystal Rye Malt (4%)
- Lallemand BRY-97 US West Coast Ale Yeast – 2 x 11g sachets or
- GY001 Nor Cal Ale #1 GigaYeast – 1 Gold Pitch
Tell us what you brew and how it turns out and if its a hit for you we can share it in our recipe library – send your winning recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org