El Dorado® is a special dual purpose variety with exceptional aroma qualities and high alpha acids. El Dorado ® consistently elicits responses of fruity notes, specifically tropical fruit flavors. Other fruit notes offered have been pear, watermelon and stone fruit.
- Type 90 Hop Pellets 100 gm | 250 gm | 500 gm | 1 Kg
El Dorado® Hop was created by Moxee Valley, Yakima, Washington based CLS Farms, LLC in 2008, it was released to the public in 2010.
Flavors of tropical fruit, pineapple, mango. Aromas of pear, watermelon, stone fruit and candy.
- Alpha Acids 14.0 – 16.0%
- Beta Acids 7.0 – 8.0%
- Cohumulone (% of alpha acids) 28 – 33%
- Total Oils (Mls. per 100 grams dried hops) 2.5 – 2.8
- Myrcene (as % of total oils) 55 – 60%
- Caryophyllene (as % of total oils) 6.0 – 8.0%
- Humulene (as % of total oils) 10 – 15%
- Farnesene (as % of total oils) 0.1%
- Storage (% alpha acids remaining after 6 months storage at 20° C) 60 – 75%
Typical Beer Styles:
- India Pale Ale
- Pale Ale