Galaxy ™ has rapidly become the most internationally recognised Australian flavour hop. Galaxy ™ reputation comes from the distinctly identifiable characters she brings to beer, which can range from passionfruit and peach to clean citrus aromas which are more intense the later the addition.
Highly versatile, Galaxy™ can be used in almost all varieties of beer. Galaxy™ true potential has just started to be tapped with the release of a number of craft beers which hero her distinctive flavour.
- Type 90 Hop Pellets – 100 gm | 250 gm | 500 gm | 1 Kg
Galaxy ™ is the result of a mid-1990s cross of an Australian high alpha male and a descendant of the German Perle.
- Intense passionfruit
- Alpha acids (%) 11.6 – 16.0
- Beta acids (%) 5.0 – 6.9
- Alpha/Beta Ratio 1.5 – 2.5
- Cohumulone (% of alpha acids) 32 – 42
- Total Oils (ml/100g) 3.0 – 5.0
- Myrcene 33 – 42 % of total oil
- Humulene 1 – 2 % of total oil
- Caryophyllene 9 – 12 % of total oil
- Farnesene 9 – 12 % of total oil
- Oil Concentration (microliters of oil/g alpha) 273 – 313
ALPHA ACID 11.6-16% 0 20 (medium/high)
BETA ACID 5-6.9% 0 15 (medium/low)
TOTAL OIL 3-5 mL/100g 0 4 (very high)
When used late in the kettle, the whirlpool, or for dry hopping, Galaxy™ contributes a striking flavour best described as a combination of passionfruit and citrus. The fruit characters are modulated by different hops, malts, yeasts and dosing, however a late addition of Galaxy™ into the brew is always distinct.