Gladfield Aurora Malt is an aromatic malt which has been developed to produce rich bready, fruitcake aroma and an orange red colour.
Aurora Malt has a long traditional germination process to create complex sugars and amino acids which react during a careful kilning regime. The resulting Maillard reaction is responsible for the colour, flavour and aroma.
Aurora Malt is ideal for dark ales, Belgium style and high alcohol beers. If you want to make that big malty, rich beer then this is a great malt to use along with Gladfield Crystal and Red Back Malts.
Gladfield Crystal Malt will add sweetness to Aurora Malt and further enhance the bready and fruitcake aromas. Gladfield Red Back and Shepherds Delight Malts bring out the red colours of Aurora Malt and also introduce complementary flavours to the finished beer.
- Moisture (%) Max 5 Typical Analysis 3
- Extract (fine dry) min% 79 Typical Analysis 81
- Saccharification time 10 Typical Analysis 10
- Colour (wort) 35 – 60
- Total Nitrogen (%) 1.6 – 1.8 Typical Analysis 1.65
- Kolbach Index 37 – 45 Typical Analysis 40
- pH 5.1 – 5.8 Typical Analysis 5.9
- Diastatic Power (WK) min. 150 Typical Analysis 170
- FAN (mg/l) min 120 Typical Analysis 125
- Friability (min) % 85 Typical Analysis 88
- Glassy Corns (max) % Typical Analysis 0.5
- P.U.G. (max) % Typical Analysis 1.0
Add rich malty flavours to beer
Usage Rate Guidance:
Up to 100%
- 1 Kg bag
- 25 Kg bag
At least one year when stored properly in dry conditions