Gladfield Munich malt is germinated similar to the Vienna malt using slightly higher nitrogen barley to create more intense colour through greater maillard reactions.
This is achieved by allowing higher levels of moist air recirculation and low temperatures to occur during the early and intermediate stages of the kilning cycle.
This kilning cycle results in a malt which is rich, sweet, toasty and imparts a biscuit flavour with a touch of breadiness.
Gladfield Munich Malt imparts a deep orange colour and a malty, toasted, nutty, grainy flavour to the brewed beer.
- Moisture (%) Max 5 Typical Analysis 3
- Extract (fine dry) min% 79 Typical Analysis 81.0
- Saccharification time 10
- Wort Colour (EBC) 14-17 Typical Analysis 14.5
- Total Nitrogen (%) 1.6-1.8
- Kolbach Index 37-43 Typical Analysis 40
- pH 5.6-5.9 Typical Analysis 5.9
- Diastatic Power (WK) min. 160 Typical Analysis 170
- FAN (mg/l) min 120 Typical Analysis 125
- Friability (min) % 85 Typical Analysis 88
Gladfield Munich Malt is perfect for brewing classic malty continental lagers and robust ales.
Usage Rate Guidance:
Up to 100% of the grist
- 5 Kg bag
- 25 Kg bag
At least one year when stored properly in dry conditions.