Fermentis SafAle™ WB-06 speciality yeast selected for wheat beer fermentation.
The yeast produces subtle estery and phenol flavour notes typical of wheat beers. The choice of Wheat or Weizen bier fans.
Specialty yeast selected for wheat beer fermentation.
Allows to brew beer with a high drinkability profile and presents a very good ability to suspend during fermentation.
- Available in 11.5g sachets
- Ideally 18-28°C (64.4-82.4°F)
- 78 ppm at 13.5°P at 20°C in EBC tubes
TOTAL SUPERIOR ALCOHOLS
- 404 ppm at 13.5°P at 20°C in EBC tubes
- 0 g/l*
*0g maltotriose/L corresponding to an apparent attenuation of 90%
Pitching rate instructions:
50 to 80 g/100 litres (10g – 16g per 20L)
- Sprinkle the yeast in minimum 10 times its weight of sterile water or wort at 25 to 29°C (77°F to 84°F).
- Leave to rest 15 to 30 minutes.
- Gently stir for 30 minutes, and pitch the resultant cream into the fermentation vessel.
- Pitch the yeast directly in the fermentation vessel providing the temperature of the wort is above 20°C (68°F). Progressively sprinkle the dry yeast into the wort ensuring the yeast covers all the surface of wort available in order to avoid clumps.
- Leave for 30 minutes, then mix the wort using aeration or by wort addition.
Yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae), emulsifier E491
- % dry weight: 94.0 – 96.5
- Viable cells at packaging: > 6 x 109 /g
- Total bacteria*: < 5 / ml
- Acetic acid bacteria*: < 1 / ml
- Lactobacillus*: < 1 / ml
- Pediococcus*: < 1 / ml
- Wild yeast non Saccharomyces*: < 1 / ml
- Pathogenic micro-organisms: in accordance with regulation
*when dry yeast is pitched at 100 g/hl i.e. > 6 x 106 viable cells / ml
During transport: The product can be transported and stored at room temperature for periods of time not exceeding 3 months without affecting its performance.
At final destination: Store in cool (< 10°C/50°F), dry conditions.
36 months from production date. Refer to best before end date printed on the sachet. Opened sachets must be sealed and stored at 4°C (39°F) and used within 7 days of opening. Do not use soft or damaged sachets.
Craft beer examples
- Weihenstephaner | Wheat Beer
- Burleigh Brewing Co. | Hef
- Moo Brew | Hefeweizen
- Bridge Road Brewers | Hefe Weizen