Discovered and introduced by Virgil Gamache Farms in Washington State, Amarillo® Brand VGXP01 cv. is an aroma variety that has recently become one of the top 10 varieties utilized by the craft beer industry in the United States and has strong global appeal especially in US and new world craft beer styles with brewers. It features relatively high alpha acids along with extremely high levels of myrcene for citrus and grapefruit flavors. As a result, it is an excellent dual purpose variety. Amarillo demonstrates good resistance to downy and powdery mildew.
- Type 90 Hop Pellets 100gm | 250gm | 500gm
Privately grown and registered by Vigil Gamache Farms Inc it is grown under licence on limited acreage and availability.
Specific aroma descriptors include grapefruit, orange, lemon, melon, apricot and peach.
Typical Beer Styles
- American Pale Ale
- American India Pale Ale
- American Wheat
- Alpha Acid 7 – 11%
- Beta Acid 5.5 – 8%
- Co-humulone 20 – 24%
- Total Oil 1 – 2.3 mL/100g
- B-Pinene 0.4 – 0.8% of total oil
- Myrcene 40 – 50% of total oil
- Linalool 0.5 – 0.8% of total oil
- Caryophyllene 7 – 10% of total oil
- Farnesene 6 – 9% of total oil
- Humulene 19 – 24% of total oil
- Geraniol 0.1 – 0.1% of total oil
ACID/OIL RANGE LOW HIGH
ALPHA ACID 7-11% 0 20 (medium)
BETA ACID 5.5-8% 0 15 (medium)
TOTAL OIL 1-2.3 mL/100g 0 4 (medium/low)