Gladfield Shepherds Delight Malt is what we consider as stepped up version of our Aurora malt. Shepherds Delight malt has intense bready, toasted and kola flavour with a lingering fruity sweetness. This malt should be used sparingly to supercharge the maltiness of a beer and will give flavours similar to a decoction mash. Used at too high a concentration could lead to bitterness in the final beer we recommend combining Shepherds Delight with our Vienna malt to give a balancing sweetness. This malt will give a stunning red hue to your beers.
- Moisture (%) Max <4.5
- Extract – Fine Dry 78
- Wort Colour Range (EBC) 250 – 350
- Typical Colour (EBC) 280
Usage and Styles:
- Adds deep red colours.
- Malty toasted and kola flavours.
- Ideal for red beers.
- India Red Ales – see good craft example and how to brew it here: Mountain Goat India Red Ale
- Red IPA – see good home brew recipe example here: Sunset Red IPA and here: Roger sees Red IPA
- Red Rye IPA – see home brew recipe example here: The Grim RRIPA
- Irish Red Ales
Usage Rate Guidance:
Up to 10% of the grist
1kg and 25kg bags
At least one year when stored properly in dry condition.